RMS Empress of Scotland, originally SS Kaiserin Auguste Victoria, was an ocean liner built in 1905–1906 by Vulcan AG shipyard in Stettin (now Szczecin, Poland) for the Hamburg America Line. The ship regularly sailed between Hamburg and New York City until the outbreak of war in Europe in 1914.
CLICK ON IMAGE BELOW TO WATCH THE VIDEO
Video featuring the RMS EMPRESS OF SCOTLAND
- At the end of hostilities, Canadian Pacific Steamships bought the liner. She was renamed Empress of Scotland—the first of two CP ships to bear that name.
- The ship was refitted to carry 459 first-class passengers, 478 second-class passengers, and 960 third-class passengers; it was converted to fuel oil at the same time.
- She sailed on trans-Atlantic service between Canada and Europe along with cruising during the winter months out of New York.
- The Empress of Scotland ended service in 1930 and was sold for scrap. During the demolition of the ship, the vessel caught fire, broke in two, and sank. The hulls were raised and scrapped.