Lyft had announced Thursday they were suspending all California services because of Democrat Assembly Member Lorena Gonzalez’s law aimed at independent contractors and freelancers.
- Uber was expected to follow, but at the last moment, the California appeals court stepped in and temporarily defused the situation caused by a law AB 5 initiated in the previous year by California Democrats.
Since the new Millenium, California has become the leader in a home for freelancers. From Silicon Valley tech jobs and to statewide freelance and gig jobs.
- But Democrats who control California have crushed this with the Orwellian AB 5 law, which outlaws all freelancing jobs as an independent contractor in Sunny California.
JOE BIDEN AND KAMALA HARRIS ENDORSED AB 5
Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have both endorsed the freelance-destroying, independent contractor-crushing California law known as AB5. Biden and Harris want to impose this disastrous policy on a national level through federal legislation called the PRO Act. The Biden-Harris policy endangers millions of riders and drivers who depend on ridesharing for their livelihood.
Democrats also walloped California freelance writers and journalists with these “freelancers” finding themselves in the same position as Uber and Lyft.
- Only more so: Increasingly, there are no profits to redistribute to workers. Given that reality, the alternative to “cheaper freelancers” is usually not “expensive staffers” but “no one.”
- California’s Democrat legislature and Governor have done anything to those fundamental economics.
IT’S A VOTE NO CAMPAIGN TO DRIVE LORENA OUT OF OFFICE
GOP OPPONENT WANTS GONZALEZ OUT AND AB 5 REPEALED
Republican John Vogel is running against Gonzalez, but he calls the race a “David v. Goliath fight.”
- Vogel has been a longtime critic of AB 5, saying we need to be creating more opportunities for how, when, and where we work, not less.
- Vogel believes in the new economy, everyone is an entrepreneur and should be able to choose how they sell their talents and services.
SACRAMENTO CALLS LORENA THE BLACK WIDOW
So it looks like California Democrats and the panicked Gonzalez has a tighter election ahead following Thursday’s decision than they planned.
- Thousands of UBER and LYFT drivers aren’t going to forget the worry and anxiety they suffered wondering if they would be working on Friday.
- The elected officials in Sacramento who passed AB 5 could have cared less.
- AB 5 and The PRO Act are campaign issues with Yes on PROP 22 an answer to make Gonazalez and her act history.
- According to Australia’s SKY news, the Democrats can’t bury AB 5 as they did at their “Convention” where the rioting, looting, and killings in their hallmark cities have turned into a nightmare report.