The American Harmony has arrived at the Port of New Orleans. The newest ship in American Cruise Lines’ groundbreaking series of 5 modern riverboats, will remain docked in its homeport of New Orleans until it departs on its inaugural Mississippi River cruise this August 17th.
- New Orleans is monumentally significant in the history of American-built ships on the Mississippi River.
- As one of the very first American steamboats—a paddle-wheeler named the New Orleans—was the first steamboat to make the historic Mississippi River voyage from Pittsburgh, PA to New Orleans, LA in 1811.
- Historically, it is fitting to have American Harmony and the country’s first modern-style riverboats make their inaugural sailings from New Orleans.
AMERICA’S MODERN RIVERBOATS
American Cruise Lines’ modern riverboats are the first major style departure from the classic paddlewheel riverboats that have been plying the Mississippi since the early 1800s. American Cruise Lines is honored to continue the legacy of American ingenuity and American shipbuilding by introducing American Harmony and the first modern riverboats in the U.S. from this magical city.
- In addition to 2019’s new American Harmony, American Cruise Lines introduced their modern series flagship, American Song on the Mississippi in 2018, and plans to introduce their 3rd modern riverboat, American Jazz, on the Mississippi in 2020. American Cruise Lines has been offering cruises on the Mississippi River for over 30 years.
- The Line currently operates over 9 different Mississippi River itineraries including fabulous Holiday and Theme cruises.
- American Harmony is the Line’s 3rd Mississippi riverboat and 11th new ship. American Cruise Lines currently operates 11 small ships across the country, visiting over 25 states.
- The Line offers 3 distinct small ship styles, accommodating 100-200 guests: the new modern riverboats (like American Harmony), Victorian-style paddle-wheelers, and small Coastal cruise ships.
Unlike any other U.S. Line, only American’s fleet of small ships is able to provide river cruise style itineraries along both the country’s great rivers as well as its protected coastlines, opening up a breadth of U.S. cruising destinations no one else can match. American Cruise Lines: Modern-style Riverboats
ABOUT AMERICAN CRUISE LINES
About American Cruise Lines: American Cruise Lines celebrated its most award-winning year ever in 2018 winning 14 travel awards, and is on pace to surpass it for 2019. Among the many prestigious awards are, Condé Nast’s Readers’ Choice Award, for Top Small Cruise Lines; and Cruise Critic’s Cruisers’ Choice Award for Best River Line in the U.S. & Canada. American operates the largest and newest fleet of coastal cruise ships, Victorian-style paddle wheelers, and the only modern riverboats in the U.S. All American’s ships are built, crewed, and registered in the U.S.A. With over 35 itineraries to 25 states, including many Theme and Holiday cruises, American’s fleet cruises along the rivers, as well as the coastal and inland waterways of New England, Alaska, the Pacific Northwest, the Mississippi River system, and the Southeast.
For reservations or to learn more about American Cruise Lines
Please call 1-800-814-6880 or visit: www.AmericanCruiseLines.com