- A NEW generation of Princess Cruises’ ships is being built to debut in China in summer 2017.
- Majestic Princess is the newest addition to the fleet and is a sister to Royal and Regal Princesses.
- The new ship will be based in China year-round and become the first vessel tailored specifically for Chinese guests incorporating a unique blend of international and Chinese features.
- She will be home-ported in Shanghai, carrying 3,560 guests for cruises to Japan and Korea, and will offer many of the special features that have made Royal Princess and Regal Princess so popular and distinctive.
(From left to right) Executive Vice President of Fleet Operations Keith Taylor, Graziella Sagani (Captain Sigani’s mother), who served as the ship’s “madrina,” Captain Dino Sagani, and Fincantieri Shipyard Director Mr. Attilio Dapelo at the float-out ceremony for Majestic Princess.
These include a dramatic multi-story atrium serving as the social hub of the ship; the unique over-the-ocean SeaWalk – a glass-floor walkway extending 8 meters (28 feet) beyond the edge of the ship; special Chef’s Table Lumiere – a private dining experience that surrounds guests in a curtain of light, as well as new venues and features developed for Chinese travelers.
Chinese cruise passengers are the new market. Princess Cruises, being at the forefront of tourism, is ready to serve China with the best in cruises.
Among her highlights, the new Majestic Princess offers:
- An even larger and expanded atrium with additional entertainment and casual dining options.
- Our largest top deck pool ever with an enhanced Movies Under the Stars® screen and the new SeaWalk with views 128 feet straight down!
- Balconies on all outside staterooms.